I haven't been able to get online much lately, and I need more time to write and gather the particular topics I want to strengthen the RasTafari Wifeline.
So instead of taking longer to post reasoning, here is a recipe that some of my Sistrens actually wanted to get from me, but I haven't gotten around to it (sorry Safiyah and Peggy hehe)! It's as vegetarian as I've been able to get with a cake - minus the sugar of course. Anything with sugar is not perfect Ital, so this is a recipe to make on special occasions, not too often!
I find it very rewarding to do an intimate, homemade treat for your little prince or princess on their earthstrong - a just between "mommy and me" treat (of course daddy and everyone else can have some, but mummy made it as a special earthstrong surprise). You get the drift!
My daughter calls them at every mention "special chocolate surprise cupcakes." She doesn't even say "cupcakes." And that's because I always make her this recipe for her earthstrong since she was two years old. It can be either cake or cupcake form.
Utensils and Ingredients
any cake pan or cupcake tin, or paper molds
electric cake-mixer or a large spoon or a whisk
tablespoon,teaspoon, cup measuring utensils
2 medium to big bowls
2 1/2 cups wheat flour
4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 tspn baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tspn mixed or other essence
2 tbspn lemon juice or vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups water
add crushed almonds, flaked coconut or any other ingredient to flavour it up for different occasions.
- If baking a cake, grease your pan with oil first and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to about 200 degrees celcius.
-Combine the dry ingredients except the sugar, using the sieve, in one bowl. When sieving the flour it will appear that a lot of the bran or wheat is left back, but just throw it in after the finer flour has sifted through.
- In the other bowl, dissolve the sugar as much as possible in the water. Add the oil, essence and lemon/vinegar and mix well.
- Pour the dry into the wet ingredients, mixing well using the electric mixer or whisk or spoon. It will look like this:
- You can either pour into the cake pan, or cupcake tin or use a spoon to dish out the cupcake paper moulds.
- Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes if a cake. For Cupcakes 10-15 minutes. Generally go by smell once the time is up. And use a fork or knife to test the middle.
This recipes makes very fluffy cupcakes if the batter is mixed well and allowed to stand for any length of time. If they are fluffy you dont want them to stay in too long because they will burn.
- Let it cool just a little, but this recipe tastes yummy when warm!
And you're finished with your special chocolate surprise cupcakes!